Welcome to the second part of our STEM Workshop blog on CoderDojo, a global network of free, volunteer-led, community-based programming clubs for young people.
In part one, we took a look at the history and setup of CoderDojo, in today’s entry we’re covering the various benefits this STEM Workshop offers schools and students.
Encourage, Teach and Prepare
The benefits of introducing a STEM Workshop such as CoderDojo to your school are manifold:
- Change how students perceive STEM subjects
- Naturally encourage an interest in technology
- Naturally encourage creativity and independence
- Provide the tools and resources required to excel in STEM subjects
- Teach students invaluable technology skills
- Provide students with a more varied career path
- Help students prepare for a constantly evolving world
- Suited to people with no prior experience in this area
CoderDojo clubs are supportive, fun and positive environments in which students can learn and master the basic skills of programming.
It is one of the most successful STEM innovations in the world thanks to its forward-thinking and inclusive approach, and one that continues to greatly aid young people interested in technology.
For more information about CoderDojo, or to find out how to start a Dojo in your school, please visit coderdojo.com.